Sales and Use Policies
- Customer service contact information is shown on "Contact Us" link.
- USA web, mail & phone orders—We accept all non-debit major credit cards, PayPal, Google Wallet, check & money orders. PayPal & Google Wallet are not accepted at in-person sales.
- International web, mail & phone orders—We accept PayPal, Google Wallet, checks & international money orders. Major credit cards are accepted for in-person swiped sales only, as our processor doesn’t recognize non-US postal codes, and actual charges may vary depending on exchange rate at time of transaction.
- Illinois residents add 6.85% sales tax to checks or money orders; it will be added on MC/VICA charges.
- Returned checks are subject to a $25 processing fee charged by our bank.
- Paid orders ship 1st come/1st served next business day (if CC, must be successfully processed).
- If you are not satisfied with your Mail Order purchase, please contact us for authorization & return for exchange at customer's expense within 10 days of receipt. Models returned for exchange must be in original, unshown condition as received, including receipt and all original packaging. Should the replacement not meet your expectations, we will gladly refund your money upon return of the model as above, less a 20% restocking fee.
- Items purchased in person are not eligible for return, exchange or refund.
- Test, bisque, promotional & other unique non-inventory items and “as-is” discounted 2nds are not eligible for return, exchange or refund. Discounted & “as-is” pieces do not come with authenticity, certificates or other documentation & may be marked as 2nds.
- We reserve the right to hold shipments until bank notification that payment has cleared.
- Models purchased from any third party are not eligible for return, exchange, or refund. You must contact the third party directly with any claims.
- No holds beyond 10 days.
- We do not share or sell personal information, including email addresses, with anyone, nor do we share email lists with anyone in any way.
- EC transactions are not accepted.
- Contact the carrier directly for all claims of broken models.
- We've chosen our manufacturer and guest artists with proven quality track records. All pieces are inspected. As our pieces are entirely hand assembled & painted, due to the process, minor variations in paint, pigment, molding and finish may occur, as well as stilt marks from support during firing. These are considered characteristics of true fired fine porcelain and are not considered defects or detrimental.
- Unlike cold-painted plastics or resins, fired pieces may exhibit tiny black or white specks, lighter shades along ridge lines, small surface irregularities and other variations that are due to the process, characteristic, and not considered defects or detrimental.
- Due to the process of being burned in fire & the use of special glazes which are intended to become molten during firing, Raku "Art of Fire" pieces may exhibit colors that appear different depending on light & angle, texture, gouges & scrapes, imbedded char or other material picked up from the burning materials themselves, or glaze coverage inconsistencies that are not considered detrimental or flaws, but as characteristics and hallmarks of authentic fired ceramic Raku art pieces.
- It is recommended that all cleaning of Lakeshore Collection pieces be done with a clean, soft dry cloth, or one that has been dampened with a mild soap & water solution. Dry promptly. Use of harsh chemicals or many household cleaners can alter the appearance of fine fired finishes and cleaning using other than recommended methods voids any warranty.
- All submissions become the property of The Lakeshore Collection, Ltd.
- Neither The Lakeshore Collection, Ltd. nor any agent or employee thereof, is responsible for errors, out of date material or omissions in this site or any linked sites.
- Neither The Lakeshore Collection, Ltd. or any agent, representative, associate or employee thereof, shall be held responsible for any loss beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, theft, water, flood, accidents, injuries, errors, omissions, or actions by others, but will take reasonable care to protect customers from such loss. Theft, copyright infringement, unauthorized reproduction of products or images or other illegal acts against The Lakeshore Collection, Ltd., may be cause for legal action or prosecution to the extent of the law.
- All claims must be made within 60 days of order.
- Not responsible for late, misdirected, or undelivered electronic or hard copy mail.
- All shipments are via USPS or UPS only. We do not serve walk-in customer traffic or pickups.
- Like other manufacturers, we are unable to assist in remarketing, resale or promotion of pieces previously purchased.
- Due to the unique nature & small edition sizes of our pieces, we may, at our sole discretion, limit or decline hold & other privileges to those with a history of failing to complete transactions in a timely manner.
- Altering or attempting to alter the original finish voids any warranty.
- Intended for display use only, not as a toy, for children under 12, or for food storage or service.
- Lakeshore Collection authorizes collectors who purchased Art of Fire pieces directly from us to use web image files for photo showing particular models they purchased. A collector may not use images of Art of Fire pieces they don’t own, nor images of limited editions or special runs. Collector using images must comply with any rules the show may have prohibiting or limiting usage of photos taken by others. We delete images soon after purchase & are under no obligation to provide images if already deleted.
- If certificate or other authenticity documentation is missing or damaged, please notify us with 10 days of your purchase direct from us for replacement. Other than that, we are unable to re-issue authenticity documents, including those from any models purchased from any third party.
- Facebook Fan of the Month will be picked at random from our fans (those that “liked” our FB page) the 1st of each month and be invited to submit a story & photo to be posted on our FB page & official website news, then are automatically entered in an annual drawing for a free LE of 1000. Photos & story may be edited at our discretion. Void outside the USA where taxed, regulated or prohibited, all other terms apply.
|FREE Live Show Sponsorship Awards||Logo Lapel Pins||Win a Lakeshore Logo Watch!|
Live Show Sponsorship Program
Want more happy showers and to save time and money at your next live show? Our Live Show Sponsorship Program is for you!
We provide FREE awards for NAMSHA qualified (waived for overseas shows), Lakeshore-exclusive classes & divisions! Just as many shows separate plastics by brand, since LS has become so popular (program requests up 80% & LS division class sizes the 2nd largest at Breakables Live 2009!), showers in your area want to bring & show off more of their Lakeshores!
Our coveted genuine cloisonné lapel pins, perfect for display or wear to show off your success at other shows, for champs/reserves, customs rosettes for grands/reserves & flats—Free!
Once your show is approved for the program, it will also be advertised on our website and in “The Lakeshore Line” newsletter, expanding your advertising FREE!
“If you build it, they will come”---and in many areas of the USA, LS division classes are as large or larger than the “Other OF China/Resin” classes!
In the interest of time & good, competitive class sizes, we can also help you pare down your other china classes once the LS are pulled out based on our data of regional comparative class sizes.
And it’s FREE! Just read the terms below, and use the “Contact Us” link to get the ball rolling!
TERMS: Free for US/Canada NAMHSA qualifying (NAMHSA requirement waived overseas) Lakeshore Collection exclusive classes & championships, excluding “fun” & “challenge” classes, in OF halter, OF collectibility, CMG halter, CMG workmanship, etc.
Stock custom genuine cloisonné lapel pins provided for champs/reserves. Rosettes for grand/reserve & flats 1st-6th provided consistent with level of other awards. (If you are providing new custom commercial awards, we will, too. If your other awards are recycled, paper, or other, we reserve the right to provide similar.) Rosettes & flats are stocked custom commercial; they will not be customized for any show.
Show website must have a link to www.lakeshorecollection.com.
LS exclusive classes/divisions must be submitted on original NAMHSA application or on show packet with announcements to advertisements/group list postings at least 2 months prior to show. Your show will be advertised starting next web update and newsletter issue after approval.
If any LS classes or divisions are cancelled prior to show date, you are responsible for returning those awards at your own expense in good, reusable condition.
Offer void where taxed or prohibited. The Lakeshore Collection, Ltd. retains sole exclusive right to modify or discontinue program without prior notice. Show holders are advised to request program acceptance as far in advance of show date as possible due to quarterly request limits.
Gift Certificate Terms and Conditions
- Gift certificates should be spent within 12 months of issue date, which is the "expires" date on the gift certificate.
- Gift certificates may only be redeemed directly by The Lakeshore Collection, Ltd., and are not redeemable through any dealer, retailer, or any other third party. Gift certificates are only redeemable for inventory items, including limited editions, special runs, and Art of Fire pieces stocked by The Lakeshore Collection, Ltd., and may not be used to purchase gift certificates.
- Gift certificates are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned for a cash refund or reversal of credit card charges.
- If your order exceeds the amount of your gift certificate, you must pay the balance.
- Gift certificates must be presented at the time of purchase. If you wish to redeem a gift certificate in conjunction with an on-line or phone order and are paying by check or money order, deduct the amount of the gift certificate from your total due and mail payment for the balance. If you wish to redeem a gift certificate for an on-line or phone order and are paying by credit card, the gift certificate must be mailed to The Lakeshore Collection, Ltd. Upon receipt, your credit card will be billed only for any balance due, and your order will not ship until your credit card is billed.
- Customer is responsible for any delivery charges and/or sales taxes, which are calculated on the full purchase price of the item(s), and/or item count, not net balance due after application of face value. Title passes to customer upon our delivery to a common carrier.
- Gift certificate cash value is 1/10 of one cent. We are not responsible for lost or stolen gift certificates or errors or omissions. We have the right to request alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained or counterfeit gift certificate is redeemed.
- We make no warranties, express or implied, without limitation. Certain state laws do not allow limitations of implied warranties, and if these laws apply to you, some or all of these disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you. By purchasing from The Lakeshore Collection, Ltd. you agree that the laws of the state of Illinois will govern terms and conditions. We reserve the right to change terms and conditions at our sole discretion. All terms and conditions are applicable to the extent permitted by law.
- Expiration dates apply to the extent allowed by state laws.
"Art of Fire"/
Sales and Use Policies
Creating Your Lakeshore
Creating "Art of Fire"/Raku